Skip to main content

I Can't Be The Only One - Clothes

This is unedited. Return sometime later to see how my edited writing looks compared to the initial vomiting.



    I’m not a cheapskate. I’ve splurged on meaningful things. I bought a nice set of congas, an expensive riqq drum, a hand made custon lefthanded flamenco guitar. For my kids I got a Burley bicycle trailer, an Osprey Poco child backpack carrier that looks like a fucking astronaut backpack with my kid in it.
    This is all nice shit. So… What happened with my clothes? The nicest suit I have is my Mariachi outfit. But right now I’m wearing a tshirt that says Daytona on it, and it’s color is what I can only call neon peach. I don’t give a shit about Daytona (don’t have anything against it either). My ex mother in law gave it to me. I’m also wearing pair of shorts that she gave me.
    A lot of my clothes I don’t even know how they got there. I remember buying some of them. Once at Khols and Dilards like 8 years ago. The rest is from Costco. Sometimes I go into Costco dressed from head to toe in clothes that I bought there. It’s like if a whale ate a fish, and the fish escaped with whale slime all over it, then returned back to the whales mouth (that doesn’t quite work does it?). Anyhow, I don’t feel bad at all walking around Costco in a full Costco wardrobe. The way I see it is that I can dress however I want, I’m a dad.

    One more thing. A good portion of my clothes are old. Good quality, but some I’ve had for a decade, maybe two. And, a good portion of my clothes stinks. It’s this fucking smell that I’ve tried everything short of acid to get out of them after having left them damp in the washing machine for too long. I presume most people would throw the clothes away. But, not me. Some neurotic folks who participate in the moral olypmics would probably give them to Good Will. But, come on. You’re gonna give someone some stinky ass clothes?

    So… WHY don’t I get rid of the clothes that stinks!!? I STINK WHEN I WEAR THEM. It’s probably one of those “I was a child of The Depression” type of thing. Everything about the clothes is fine, perhaps a tad faded, but buttons in place, collars not twisted, and comfortable material. My solution? When I’m gonna do something where I’m not gonna be close to people, like sit at the coffee shop by myself writing. That’s when I’ll wear it. It sounds like a good solution doesn’t it? BUT, sometimes in my house the clothes smell fine, and it’s not until I go out into the humidity that the scent of Florida fabric lets loose. (I can’t believe I’m letting you read this shit.)

    Anyhow. I think it’s time. It’s time to throw all the questionable wardrobe away. Not curse any poor soul at Good Will with them. I should make a bonfire and toss them in one by one, giving thanks to Thailand, China, the Philipine Islands for their labor.

    But, I’m somewhat terrified by the question. What will I wear next? How much will it cost? HOW SHOULD I DRESS? Should I wear my Mariachi outfit all the time? Haha.

    There’s a guy sitting at the table next to me who looks like he should be sailing a boat from Yacht Club to Yacht Club. There’s a man at another table… Geez, well at least I’m not doing THAT bad.

    I’m 44. I wanna dress 44. How does a 44 year old Mexican American musician/dad with a propensity for culture dress? Like Costco apparently.

    It’s time for some new threads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masters of All

  The tragedy in people who become influential and start a podcast is that they think that their expertise transfers to a host of other topics. Jordan Peterson is definitely an expert when it comes to psychology, and he has some beneficial philosophies. However, him, like Joe Rogan (Although Joe Rogan repeatedly admits that he's 'just a comedian but with like a billion people listening to his podcast) who hosts guest that make dubious and sensational claims, Jordan thinks that he's got the lowdown on politics, and other fields of science. We've definitely reached a point in podcasting where it's at least the beginning of podcasters becoming the mainstream media. Judging by how many podcasters refer to the mainstream media, you'd think that FOX and CNN would have substantial influence, but when was the last time that you watched either of those? (Unless you're 53+ as their demographic has been older since I started counting in 2003.) People with Podcasts that

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day To all of you who break your back for your family Anguish, so real to you You shield it from your loved ones Like a duck, your feet flap furiously beneath the water Meanwhile above, your little ones only see a smooth ride Happy Father's Day to those of you who lost in court That sacrificed everything, who you are, the path that you were on Tolerating and enduring an awful relationship To make for your children, a more enjoyable life And all to often, only to come out the other end at a deficit In the eyes of the court, simply because you are a man Happy Father's Day to the fathers in history Whom either from ignorance or pride, went off to war to protect their family Especially to those who were drafted While others complained back home About anything that was back home They were taken, by force And were left no choice but to go up and over the trench Into an onslaught of gunfire, and at gunpoint behind If they came home, they came home from a place wh

Unparalelled Contact and the Social Web

    What we have right now are below average minds to the somewhat intelligent and up, with access to all the information that the digital arena makes available. And twenty years ago or less, only geo politicians and government agencies had access to this kind of stuff. So, here is everyone trying to hammer it out with each other. Dispelling each others misconceptions, some of which are so deeply rooted, they may never be changed in a lifetime. People who have never been challenged on something, because they were the authority on it within their peer group constantly come face to face with people who know way more about it than they do, and that's a beautiful thing! -Goliath (In the news: Native Americans are blocking a Dakota pipeline, Presidential Election between Trump and Hillary is two days away, and the weather is cool and beautiful outside.)